Addons are quite effective and improves your game experience. In this article we will show you how to install addons in ESO. You have 2 options.
- If you prefer manual way first you should download the addon you wish to install. You may use esoui as it is the largest Elder Scrolls Online Addon library.
- After you download the addon, extract it to folder. Copy or cut the folder and paste it into My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns.
- Next step is activating your addon in the game.
- When you are in the character selection screen, on your left bar you will see Addons. Click it and tick the addons you want to activate.
Installing addons via Minion is much easier and recommended way.
- Download the Minion through this link.
- Install it and start the program. It will scan your game library and detect ESO. In case if it doesn’t, you can show the path manually.
- On the upper tab you will see Find More. Click it and look up the addon you wish to install. That’s it!
How to Update ESO Addons?
Updating addons is the same way as you install them. Download the addon again and replace the files. Do not worry, you will not use your saved data.
For minion users, just start the minion and you will see Update notification when there is an update.
Using Outdated Addons
If you don’t want to update your addons or there is no update, all you have to do is, in the game open Addons section in Pause Menu, click the “Allow out of date addons”.
But is it safe? Kind of. Too outdated addons may harm your gaming experience as they are no longer compatible with the current version of the game. You may see a lot of errors and warnings. It’s totally up to you.